On 3 February 2017, London Borough of Croydon submitted the Croydon Local Plan: Strategic Policies – Partial Review (Proposed Submission) and the Croydon Local Plan: Detailed Policies and Proposals (Proposed Submission) to the Secretary of State for independent examination. This page is dedicated to the examination of the Croydon Local Plan and will be updated regularly throughout the process.
Inspector and Programme Officer
The Secretary of State has appointed Inspector Paul Clark BA MA MRTPI from the Planning Inspectorate to carry out an independent examination of the Croydon Local Plan.
The Inspector’s task is to consider the soundness of the submitted plan, based on the criteria set out in paragraph 182 of the National Planning Policy Framework (the framework).
The relevant soundness criteria are whether the local plan is:
- positively prepared (based on a strategy that seeks to meet objectively assessed development and infrastructure requirements, including unmet requirements from neighbouring authorities where it is reasonable to do so and consistent with achieving sustainable development)
- justified (the most appropriate strategy when considered against the reasonable alternatives, based on proportionate evidence)
- effective (the plan should be deliverable over its period and based on effective joint working on cross-boundary strategic priorities)
- consistent with national policy (the plan should enable the delivery of sustainable development in accordance with the policies in the framework)
The Inspector will also consider whether the plan has been prepared in accordance with the Duty to Co-operate and meets the legal and procedural requirements.
The Programme Officer is an independent officer of the examination and works on behalf of the Inspector to organise and manage the administrative and procedural matters of the examination process and is the point of contact for any queries in relation to the examination or correspondence with the Inspector.
C/O Banks Solutions
64 Lavinia Way
Tel: 07817 322750 or 01903 783722
The Examination of the Croydon Local Plan: Strategic Policies – Partial Review and the Croydon Local Plan: Detailed Policies and Proposals will be held on the following dates at the Community Space, Bernard Weatherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA. The Hearing Sessions are expected to commence at 10am each day and a finishing time is to be confirmed.
The confirmed dates are as follows:
- Tuesday 16 May
- Wednesday 17 May
- Friday 19 May – morning only
- Tuesday 23 May- Thursday 25 May inclusive
- Friday 26 May – morning only
- Tuesday 30 May- Thursday 1 June inclusive
- Friday 2 June – morning only.
The programme and Matters and Issues to be considered are determined by the Inspector.
You can view the index of examination documents. It contains links to the:
- Correspondence with the Inspector
- Council’s and other parties examination statements
- Evidence supporting the Croydon Local Plan;
- Representations received on the Proposed Submission drafts of the Croydon Local Plan
Further information on the Croydon Local Plan including the Croydon Local Plan: Strategic Policies – Partial Review (Proposed Submission) and the Croydon Local Plan: Detailed Policies and Proposals (Proposed Submission) documents can be found on the following webpages: